As a real estate agent, one of the most important tools in your selling arsenal is great photography. But it’s not as simple as taking great photos. The area must be well-prepared or no matter how great the photographer, the photos won’t help you sell the house. Here’s a comprehensive list of ideas and tips to help get your listing ready for a photoshoot.
Front and Back Yards
- Remove toys, bicycles, dead potted plants, yard tools, mowers and hoses.
- Remove vehicles from the driveway unless one covers a serious stain.
- Hide trash cans.
- Wipe down patio furniture.
- Add decorative centerpieces to tables.
- Clear pet waste.
- When in season, uncover grills.
- Open or tie-back all curtains (keep them consistent throughout).
- Turn on all lights; turn off all fans.
- Make sure all lights have working bulbs.
- Put items in a utility room, garage or closets to clear clutter.
- Dust and vacuum thoroughly.
- Burn scented candles.
- Remove potentially offensive art.
- Use decorative pillows and drape throw blankets over a chair, ottoman or sofa.
- Remove clutter, magazines and newspapers.
- Add decorative touches: plants, a small stack of books, art, decorative candles.
- Hide cords and electronic chargers.
- Clear counters small appliances, paper towel holders, paper napkins, drain racks, soap dispensers, sponges, etc.
- Clear dishes from the sink and dishwasher.
- Hide trash cans and pet items.
- Remove magnets from the refrigerator.
- Highlight decorative items, such as wine bottle/glasses or baked goods on a serving tray.
- Add centerpieces (plant, flowers, bowl of fruit).
- Pull back shower curtain or glass doors.
- Close toilet lids.
- Remove all items from the sink and counters, except a decorative candle.
- Fold toilet paper into a point.
- Clear end tables and dressers of all clutter, except a candle or a few books placed neatly.
- Make the bed with matching bed linens and decorative pillows.
- Hide laundry baskets, clothes and small toys.
If you are an aspiring or licensed real estate professional in the greater Cincinnati area looking for a company that will help you grow, contact the team at Realty ONE Group Prosperity. At Realty ONE, we believe that our real estate professionals are our number ONE asset, which is why we offer 100% commission. If you are ready to unlock your potential, call 513-964-SOLD to join the fastest growing real estate company in the industry. Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest or Instagram for our latest updates!